Water for Farms (WoFa) is an Initiative by Ngabi International in partnership with Uganda National Farmers Federation (UNFFE). The overall objective of the initiative is to increase the availability of accessible climate smart food for the growing population in Uganda through affordable irrigation and water transfer systems among smallholder crop, livestock and fish farmers and agro-enterprises. This will be achieved by reducing the affordability barrier for Ugandan rural dairy and harvest farmers to gain access to Water solutions.
The Objective of the Water for Farms (WoFa) initiative implementation will be adopting affordable climate smart irrigation and water transfer systems among smallholder crop, livestock and fish farmers and agro-enterprises in Uganda. The Initiative aims to transform, re-orient and climate-proof agricultural systems to the new realities of climate change for rural dairy and harvest farmers. The Water for Farms (WoFa) initiative is to run up to the end of 2023 and targets to impact 500,000 farmers.
- Bulk water transfer from areas of plenty to areas of scarcity.
- Promoting water resources assessment and planning for agricultural production.
- Increasing the capacity of the farmers to access and use of water for crop, livestock and fisheries production.
- Promoting appropriate water harvesting technologies for irrigation and livestock development.
- Promoting the participation of the farmers and the private sector in financing and planning, development and management of irrigation and livestock water supply systems.
For more information about this project, reach us on email at: